Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Things I NEVER thought I would do....

Before having kiddos I had a prenotion (yes, this is a word...google it) as to what I THOUGHT I would NEVER do...You know, things either your momma did or things you saw other mothers do... and thought to yourself, NO WAY would I ever do that when I have kids.. bahaha, oh man...

1.  Drive a mini-van.  That's right a little over a year ago the hubs and I traded in my little sedan for a momma-mobile.... AND I LOVE IT...Honest, I do...I always thought I would be an SUV mom...but when push came to shove, NOTHING out-beat the Odyssey:)

2.  Smell my child's diaper in PUBLIC to make sure they haven't pooed....YEP, still pull this move ALL the time..I do it smoothly but I'm pretty sure everyone in eyes view knows exactly what I'm doing...WHATEVER, get over it :)

3.  Oh baby drops the paci on the ground and your in a crunch to get your kiddo to stop screaming...What do you do?? WELL of course, you pop the paci in your own mouth to clean it...AS IF THIS MAKES IT ANY BETTER? whatever, it feels like I'm somehow cleaning it.

4.  Ahh man, my mom did this ALL the time...USE your OWN spit to clean your child's face...eww, gross....It wasn't until recently I pulled out this trick....I have to admit my oldest was pretty grossed out by the whole thing:)  It sure got the job done tho.

5.  On a more serious note, spanking... NEVER ever thought I would be a momma that spanked.  But, quite honestly, in my personal opinion there are times when it's appropriate and effective.

6.  Let my kids play in a McDonald's Play Place...Yep, we occasionally hop on the bandwagon and play in the play scape...the kids LOVE it.

7.  I never thought I would be a stay-at-home-mom...I always thought that IF I did have kiddos I wanted a career and I'd put my kids in daycare...BUT after the birth of our first little guy, I tried...I did, we looked around at daycare but in the end we made the decision that I would stay home.. BEST IDEA EVER:)

8.  I never thought I would talk about poo as much as I have since having kiddos. SERIOUSLY??? what color?  how did it look? how much? You get the point..

9.  LOSE as much sleep as I have...Since having kids, I have become a much much lighter sleeper..NOT sure why?? I guess I feel the constant need to be "ready" all the time..

10.  Last but not least... eat my child's mangled, slobbered on, and chewed up food:)  YEP, sometimes I don't even think about doing this one...BUT, when your 15 month old wants to generously share his chewed up, gagged on piece of apple...I guess you take it:)

cheers,
ash