Total Pageviews

Monday, February 28, 2011

Hello BUSY life.....

To say our life has been busy since the last time I posted (3 weeks 4 days ago) would honestly be an understatement.  So, I suppose I'll play a little "catch up" game....

First, my beautiful Aunt Connie suddenly passed away the day after my last post (February 3rd) and so my sister, myself, Payton, and Lucia all made an unexpected visit down South to attend the funeral.  Scottie took off a few days from work and stayed with Parker, we both agreed a funeral is not the place for a 3 year old, especially "our" 3 year old.  So, Scottie got 5 days (the longest ever with just the two of them) w/o momma around, I honestly told myself I'm going to have a "don't ask policy"  I did NOT want to know what kind of trouble they were getting themselves into.......our visit was bitter sweet, it was sad, unexpected, and tragic but at the same time it was fun, happy, and spontaneous.  I couldn't believe we were having to say goodbye to Connie she was witty, smart, lovable, optimistic, a friend, a sister, daughter, mother, grandmother, and a follower to Jesus.  SHE was LOVED by many and I think about her everyday.  RIP Aunt Connie.  Here are a few pictures from the visit...
My sister's little munchkin Lucia and Payton:) 

This picture is most of the cousins with Me Ma....It was nice to see everyone I hadn't seen some of them in SEVERAL years.

 I love this shot of Connie's daughter Jackie and grandson Cole..... (both my cousins)
Me Ma with her three girls...Leslie, Ann (my momma), and Connie
Every story has an end, but in life every ending is just a new beginning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  The following weekend we wondered into hhgregg and ended up purchasing a DSLR camera, something we have thought about for quite some time.  So, after some research we settled on a D3100


I have been pretty impressed with this little baby.... Sometime in the future I will need a high power zoom lens that looks some thing like this: 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    
     Back in November we finally settled on a "church home"  we've been church shopping for a quite awhile and honestly had given up, so if you are curious about trying out a church I would recommend Northview Church, because northview is a large church we decided it would be a good idea to join a life group so we could get to know some of the members.  We have met 4 awesome families who all have toddlers just like us, we meet once a week for a couples hours and it's been nice to be around other families with a similar family dynamic .  We also started the "Dynamic Marriage Course" thru Northview it's been an intense class it meets once a week for nine weeks for 2 1/2hrs each session.  There is tons of homework and we've found it very challenging to get all of it completed in time for class.  But, regardless I would recommend it for any couple seeking to grow in their marriage, Scottie and I have definitely learned alot so far and actually might take the class a second time.  

But, despite all our weekly commitments I am fully enjoying staying busy and loving each moment with my family. :)

GESH, finally "catch up" time is done....

Cheers,
Ashley

No comments: